Updated January 19, 2017
I’m working on a new book and conducting written interviews with people who struggled through unemployment and succeeded in finding or creating a job.
Participants who complete the interview will be paid $75 – $100. For additional details email email@example.com with a Subject of ‘Reader Contribution – Interview Candidate’. Writers who have written guest posts for the blog, may also be interviewed for the book.
Unemploymentville.com, a place for anyone who has felt the sting of being out of work, is looking for reader contributions to the blog and we’re willing to PAY for them.
What kind of writing do we want?
– personal stories about being unemployed – Have you used your time away from the workplace to change careers? Walk dogs? Visit friends? Note, not all personal stories have to have happy endings. People need to know they are not alone in their struggles.
– advice on dealing with the financial or emotional challenges of being out of work
– UNIQUE job search techniques
Minimum length is 350 words
What do we pay:
– $50 – $100 – details in follow-up email
How to Make It Happen:
– email firstname.lastname@example.org with a Subject of ‘Reader Contribution – Guest Post’ and tell me what you’d like to write about and any writing samples you can provide. I’ll let you know if there is a current opening for your writing.
Minor editing will be done on accepted articles. You are allowed an ‘About the Author’ section which can contain up to two links and can be up to 10% as long as the article you wrote.